Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pinterest Collections

Link to Board #1: For Inquiry Project
http://www.pinterest.com/alykat2415/inquiry-project/

I have started to post images relating to my "micro-ethnography" on the Food Lion store where I work.  It is difficult to find things which go beyond the obvious, but most of these seemingly random pics relate to my observations on the site so far.  For example, there are a few images relating to class and the peso relates to the number of Mexican immigrants who are part of the store's community.  The wedding ring reflects a strange social norm among the cashiers, wherein some of the younger single girls wear rings to make it look as though we are married.  More to come...

Link to Board #2: Critical Narrative on ID:
http://www.pinterest.com/alykat2415/critical-narrative-lorde/

For this Pinterest analysis, I kept the original comments from the pins because so many of the pinners expressed their opinions on Lorde, her music, her persona or lack thereof.  I chose to do my narrative on this teen pop prodigy because I find her kind of fascinating-- as Lindquist might say, she is very "mainstream" and yet "other", yet not to the extent that you get the idea she is "faking it" for fame as other popular singers (ie Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga) might be accused of doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment